Cerca nel blog

giovedì 21 novembre 2013

DJ BADGER Review of Mountain Whales


 Post by DJ Badger.


Badger's Record of the Day #20:

Most of my "Record of the Day" picks aren't brand-new records, but I'm making an exception in the case of "Mountain Whales" by Amycanbe. This is the most recent vinyl record that I've purchased at the time of this writing, and I'm quite thrilled with it.
The group is from Italy, and their music is mainly downtempo work along the lines of Halou, Morcheeba and Rose Smith. Some of the tracks even resemble Goldfrapp during her "Felt Mountain" period. (Similarities to Massive Attack and Bjork have also been noted by others.)
The record is the sixth release from the Feedbands company, who produce a new vinyl release from a different unsigned artist each month. "Mountain Whales" was released as a numbered, limited "smoke"-coloured 180g vinyl record, pictured here. (Incidentally, there was also a black vinyl release.)
I feel the need to note that I'm not an employee or associate of Feedbands or Amycanbe. I'm just really glad to find a "new" (well, new to me) artist whose work I enjoy this much.
The band has a website at http://www.amycanbe.it (NOT .com!)
November 20th, 2013.


Nessun commento: